Pool Openings & Closings
Chemicals are always included in the price of our opening and closing services.
STANDARD POOL OPENING PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
- Removal of safety cover (tarp covers are subject to an additional charge)
- Removal of winterizing plugs/gizmos and replacement with directional nozzles (return fittings)
- Replacement of skimmer and pump baskets
- Handrails and ladders installed
- Filter equipment restarted
- Algaecide and shock added to begin chemical process and aid in water clarity
Opening does not include any cleaning/vacuuming or heater start-up. An additional cleaning service may be scheduled for no sooner than 48-hours after opening depending on water clarity. All heater tune-ups and services must be scheduled separately. Attached spas and waterfalls are subject to additional charge for all services.
We offer the following additional opening services with discounted rates when you sign-up before the dead-line:
• Spring Cleanings
• Discounted filter cleanings for cartridge filters and DE filters
• Sand changes for sand filters
• Heater Tune-ups
• Salt Cell Maintenance
• Custom Chemical Kit
• Much more!
For details, call NJ Pool Guys at (732) 927-1206
Labor Day represents school starting and the unavoidable leaves that will soon be falling from the trees. The last thing that any of us want to think about is the thought of closing the pool for these brutally cold New Jersey winters. Keep in mind; many pool owners plan their pool closing around early September. Call and schedule your closing early to get your desired date!
STANDARD POOL CLOSING PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
- Shut down pool and drain equipment
- Removal of ladders and handrails
- Removal of return fittings and eyeballs and replacement of plugs and gizmos (if plugs and gizmos are missing upon arrival, we will bill for them out of NJ Pool Guys inventory and charge to the account)
- All plumbing lines winterized with air blower
- Winterization chemicals* and anti-freeze, where necessary
- Safety cover installed (if anchors are stripped and we are unable to anchor straps, they will be skipped) Tarp covers are subject to an additional charge.
*Chemicals include: winterizing algaecide and shock.
Closing does not include any cleaning/vacuuming. Attached spas and waterfalls are subject to additional charge for all services.